CAPITAL CAMPAIGN — 2024
Launching a campaign for the future.
Our capital campaign will fund necessary building renovations to ensure that our space is more accessible and better equipped to serve as a primary food distribution hub well into the future.
The Challenges of Operating in a 175-Year Old Building
We’re proud of the beautiful, historic, multi-story Church of the Holy Apostles, and we’ve adapted our hunger-relief programs as needs have risen. However significant design and layout challenges currently hinder our work:
Steps in and out of the building make it difficult for food pantry guests, volunteers, and staff with mobility issues.
Pallets of food must be broken down, carried in, and down steep and narrow steps to storage, and then back up to the kitchen for cooking.
Stairs are required to get to second floor social services programming, like our popular computer lab. Up another flight are our administrative offices.
Your donation will enable:
Installation of an elevator in the Mission House:
- to improve accessibility for HASK guests, staff, and volunteers
- increase our capacity to offer meals and social service programs
- and improve the functionality and efficiency of food delivery, transportation, and preparation.
Kitchen upgrades to increase:
- food storage capacity
- the food preparation area and production capabilities
- and enable distribution levels that keep pace with the increasing need for food and enhance efficiency.