- This Event has passed.
We are very happy to announce that, after fifteen long months, Holy Apostles will resume worship in the building on Sunday, June 13. This decision has been reached based on our congregational survey results, CDC, NY State and Diocesan guidelines, insights from the Wardens, Vestry and other parish leaders, and many staff conversations. The service will look and sound a bit different than it did prior to the citywide shutdown in March, 2020. Additionally, we will be offering live-streaming of the service. Eventually we hope to reintegrate many aspects of our pre-pandemic worship. Until then, here are some details about what Sunday mornings will look like:
- One spoken service of Holy Eucharist at 11:00 am
- Enough chairs arranged to allow for people to distance as they are comfortable.
- Masks worn inside the building, unless participating in the service or consuming the host during the Eucharist
- Sharing the space with some pallets of non-perishable food stored in the north aisle for distribution in our weekday Pantry Program
- Congregational singing that will include three hymns and a chanted Psalm
- Refraining from physical contact at the Peace
- Receiving communion in one kind (only the host, no wine)
- No coffee hour, but the garden will be open for socializing after the service
Sunday Morning Prayer (with Music): Lesson: Ezekiel 17:22-24 -- Psalm: 92:1-4, 11-14 -- Epistle: 2 Corinthians 5:6-10 (11-13) 14-17 -- Gospel: Mark 4:26-34-32